Happy New School Year!
Soon there will be the familiar sounds of students echoing through your halls. Are you READY? Never fear, netTrekker offers the best back to school digital resources for experienced teachers, first-year teachers and students.
You can teach experienced teachers new tricks! Below are digital resources to assist you in drawing your very own seating chart, helpful hints concerning classroom discipline and strategies to set the right tone for a very rewarding and productive school year.
- Class Set-Up Tool is a new, easy-to-use, virtual layout tool that helps you design customized and effective classrooms to promote learning. Use this tool to rearrange and set-up mock classrooms, and map out virtual seating charts.
- Lesson Plan: 7 Great Activities for the First Day of School. Get to know your students – and help them get to know each other – by creating time capsules, playing a game of “guess who,” and more.
Every teacher remembers the first year of teaching — the nervous jitters, the anxiety of waiting for your first class to arrive and the exhausted (but rewarding) feeling at the end of most days! Knovation understands that first-year teachers can be overwhelmed, so we have collected and organized an entire resource library dedicated to guiding new teachers.
Two resource collections we recommend for daily teaching tips and inspiration are the Teaching Channel New Teacher Survival Guide and the Best Year Ever tip series by Bill Cecil.
- Best Year Ever! Top 100 Videos. The B.Y.E. Top 100 video series is a collection of free, upbeat videos that focus on classroom management, team building, and leadership.
- New Teacher Survival Guide. The teacher survival guide video series is a collection of videos that focus on planning, differentiating instruction, and using technology in the classroom.
The first day of school for students is a mixture of nervousness and excitement. The anticipation of seeing their friends and wondering who they are going to sit with at lunch is the top priority for most students. netTrekker has student survival guides to help alleviate these fears.
- Teens: Back to School. Includes sections on First-Day Mania, Emotions, Making Your Way Through the Lunchroom, Having a Brain Brain?, Ahh-choo! What to Do? and Survival Tips.
- What to Do if You Don’t Like School (for kids). Includes sections on Signs of School Stress, Why Do Some Kids Dislike School?, Finding Help and Feeling Better About School.